Rockford Chimney Supply Newsletter | December 2009
December is the best time of the year for families to get together. Many travel from places far away, in order to be with loved ones.
Sharing great stories in a warm and cozy atmosphere, is what we look forward to all year.
I wish you much joy and happiness with yours, as I do enjoy with my own family.
From my family to yours,
Fire Safety Tip For December - Rockford's Woodburning Tips
Top 10 Wood burning Tips from Rockford Chimney Supply
To aid in the prevention of chimney fires and carbon monoxide intrusion and to help keep heating appliances and fireplaces functioning properly, Rockford offers the following safety tips:
1. Check your flue annually. clean as necessary. This reduces the risk of fires and carbon monoxide poisonings due to creosote buildup or obstructions in the chimneys.
2. Keep it clear. Keep tree branches and leaves at least 15 feet away from the top of the chimney.
3. Install a chimney cap and liner to keep debris and animals out of the chimney.
4. Choose the right fuel. For burning firewood in wood stoves or fireplaces, choose well seasoned wood that has been split for a minimum of six months - one year and stored in a covered and elevated location. Never burn Christmas trees or treated wood in your fireplace or wood stove.
5. Build it right. Place firewood or fire logs at the rear of the fireplace on a supporting grate. To start the fire, use kindling or a commercial fire lighter. Never use flammable liquids.
6. Keep the hearth area clear. Combustible material too close to the fireplace, or to a wood stove, could easily catch fire. Keep furniture at least 36" away from the hearth.
7. Use a fireplace screen. Use metal mesh or a screen in front of the fireplace to catch flying sparks that could ignite or burn holes in the carpet or flooring.
8. Install smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. Place detectors throughout the house and check batteries in the spring and fall. When you change your clocks for Daylight Savings Time, remember to check your batteries.
9. Never leave a fire unattended. Before turning in for the evening, be sure that the fire is fully extinguished. Supervise children and pets closely around wood stoves and fireplaces.
10. Rockford recommends annual inspections, repeat number 1.
Why Napoleon® Wood Burning?
The answer is quite simple. No other hearth manufacturer in North America has perfected wood burning technology to the level that Napoleon has... perfecting true craftsmanship to last a lifetime.
Years of research, strict quality testing and patented wood burning technology have surpassed critical standards, providing you with the cleanest, most efficient wood burning products. Napoleon products are backed by the President's Limited Lifetime Warranty, guaranteed to give you the solid performance you deserve.
Best Burn Times In The Industry
Napoleon® Wood Burning products offer state-of-the-art technology, unlike any others, completely utilizing the firebox chamber with a fully lined refractory system. The kiln-like atmosphere allows for an amazing long day or overnight burn. The single lever combustion control allows for simple regulation of the burn rate.
No Power. . . No Problem!
We all feel vulnerable when there is a power outage, but with a Napoleon® wood fireplace, stove or insert, you can rely on comfort and heat when you need it most. Napoleon® wood burning products double as a reliable cooking source, transferring heat directly to your pot or frying pan. Rest assured, you can stay safe, warm and cozy while enjoying a nice hot meal when the power is out!
Warming Homes, Not The Environment
Napoleon® products are designed not only for outstanding heating efficiencies but Napoleon® also takes great pride in their commitment to provide environmentally friendly wood burning products. Napoleon's patented wood burning technology exceeds EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) standards and has the cleanest burn and lowest emissions, substantially making a difference in keeping our environment clean.
For Best Performance...
Combining your Napoleon stove or fireplace insert with a stainless steel liner and insulation, is the best way to insure optimum performance. The liner will insure poper draft for your appliance, and the insulation will make that draft much more efficient. See below coupon for details.
The Bottom Line
Here at Rockford, we make sure that our customers are at an advantage when it comes to the bottom line. Therefore, when purchase a Napoleon stove from Rockford, you get all of these benefits:
About Us: Rockford Chimney Supply, Inc.is an e-commerce web site providing stainless steel chimney liner kits, Napoleon wood, pellet, and gas burning units, and chimney supplies at discount prices. Working primarily with homeowners and professional building contractors, Rockford Chimney Supply, Inc., provides chimney repair solutions and components to customers throughout the United States and Canada.
Back Issues: Want to read more? Back issues are available on our News and Events page!
Rockford Chimney Supply Inc.