Newsletter February 2010 by Rockford Chimney Supply
July 19, 2023
Learn More "In The Classroom"
- Chimney Insulation Kits
- Double Wall Black Pipe
- Single Wall Black Pipe
- 316L Rigid Chimney Liners
- Chimney Tools Of The Trade
- Chimney Top Dampers
Check out our Chimney lining systems
Here at Rockford Chimney Supply, we strive everyday to achieve our main goal - to insure "We earn your business". We believe that our hard work and our commitment to you and your family is the ONLY way we will achieve our mission.
If there is a problem, call us. If there is something you need ask us. If there is a way for us to better our relationship with you tell us.
Rockford wants to be the one company you can ALWAYS rely on for all of your Hearth and Venting needs. We are available 7 days a week, please do not hesitate to contact us if you have questions about our product line.
From my family to yours,
Five Good Reasons to Repair your Chimney Early this Year
Do it now and save!!
Most people wait until just before the heating season to clean their chimney. Here are five great reasons to get the job done in the next few months.
1) When the heating season is done, it's only natural for you to stop thinking about the furnace, fireplace and chimney. But there are benefits to getting ready for the next season early. No waiting around! The demand in the fall can be overwhelming. By doing your maintenance early, you can get product a lot sooner, and you'll enjoy the peace of mind that comes with knowing your chimney and flue have been cleaned.
2) Leaving residue from the heating season in your chimney flue actually wears out your masonry faster and increases the likelihood that you'll need costly repairs. Soot and water make acids that deteriorate mortar joints. The process is slow, but leaving the soot in the chimney during the spring and summer months will expose your masonry and flue to the corrosive build up that's there after every heating season. Cleaning the chimney right when the season's over drastically decreases the likelihood that you'll need expensive repairs.
3) Fireplace odors are worst in the spring and summer - the smell can permeate your home and even your clothes! By sweeping and deodorizing your fireplace after the heating season, you can minimize or eliminate that awful smell. A Chimney balloon can also help by sealing the bottom of the fireplace opening.
4) Find the problems before it gets cold. Every year people find that they've got heating system emergencies just when they need heat. We trust nothing will be wrong with your chimney, but if there is a problem let's find out before you need the chimney again!
5) Early chimney maintenance is good for you. Let us supply the necessary cleaners and tools to make the job easier.
Rockford Chimney Supply Cleaners & Removers
Clean it now before its too late and you get a real headache!
If you burn wood you may have a hidden fire hazard in your chimney - CREOSOTE! Creosote is a black, tar-like substance caused by condensation of gases in smoke. In time it builds up, and under the right conditions, it can ignite into a dangerous chimney fire. Glazed creosote is the worst type because it is almost impossible to remove with conventional cleaning methods.
Non-Toxic and Environmentally Safe Creosote Removal! Anti-Creo-Soot is a non-toxic and environmentally safe liquid manganese catalyst that attacks and destroys dangerous creosote and soot. It is safe for fireplace soot removal and creosote removal in all wood, coal and pellet burning appliances including those with catalytic combustors.
Safe for Use With: Wood, Coal and Pellet Burning Appliances, As Well As Gas Logs
Use ACS regularly to control creosote accumulation and reduce pollution. Start early in the heating season to "condition" stoves and furnaces for efficiency. Use liberally at the end of the heating season, before shutting down. For best results use daily during the heating season. 6 to 12 sprays of ACS into the firebox, each time a fire is burned, will prevent the dangerous build-up of creosote from occurring. Using ACS is not a substitute for regular chimney cleaning. Have severe conditions inspected and corrected by a qualified professional.
How can you use Speedy White to clean fireplaces?
Speedy White works best when the fireplace is not being used and the fireplace and doors have cooled. Just spray Speedy White and wipe it off with paper towels. Difficult areas may require more than one application and some scrubbing. If you encounter a difficult area, simply apply Speedy White again and clean with a nylon or surface sponge.
What areas of the fireplace can you clean with Speedy White?
Glass Doors - soot buildup mostly occurs on glass fireplace doors. Simply spray on Speedy White and wipe it off to find soot build up gone!
Chimney - creosote is found in the chimney. Clean the chimney with chimney brushes and spray Speedy White for cleanup.
Fireplace surroundings - Speedy White can be used on discolored bricks, stone or even wood near the fireplace.
Inside the fireplace - Speedy White to the inside of the fireplace and remove it using a hose or wiping it off.
Cre-Away is an effective, patented, powdered creosote modifier. It was developed by a chemical engineer after having had a chimney fire himself. Its four component powder works a little differently than ACS (see above). Apply Cre-Away directly to the flue (not into the fire) using the 1 lb. applicator bottle or the Cre-Away Pro Applicator.
Back in July you gave me excellent advice re. sizing/purchasing a flue liner for the chimney associated with my wood stove. I'd like to thank you once agai... More
A few weeks ago I ordered a chimney liner system for my fireplace insert. Your salesman recommended the liner system plus the insulating blanket. I just wa... More
Just got around to installing my new smooth flexible liner and deluxe terra cotta cap (wow). The quality of your product is second to none. Very pleased an... More
Thanks so much for the great tech service from Dennis, very knowledgable, friendly and proffessional.Your website is the best, beats your competition by fa... More
Sue and Dennis, I received the final part of my order yesterday (the chimney cap that actually fits over the chimney chase). It looks wonderful! My fiancé... More